Financial Housing Assistance

Rental Assistance

Housing Authority of the City of Alameda
Provides housing assistance to low income households. Programs include Housing Choice Vouchers, Project-Based Vouchers, etc.  
Phone: 510-747-4300

Alameda County Housing Secure
Alameda County Housing Secure (ACHS) administers the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
Phone: 510-994-0733

Behavior Health Care Services - Housing Assistance Fund
Financial Assistance to help individuals and their families move out of homelessness, including emergency rent payments to prevent eviction. 
Phone: 510-567-8016 

ECHO Housing Assistance
ECHO's Rental Assistance Program assists residents living in Alameda County with move-in costs or delinquent rent due to a temporary financial setback. 
Phone: 510-581-9380 

Stay Housed Bay Area
Stay Housed Bay Area is a free, user-friendly website where Bay Area residents can find housing resources and services. These free resources can help tenants with unpaid rent, respond to an eviction notice, or assert their rights to stay in their current housing.
Phone: 211



Utilities Assistance

Alameda Municipal Power (AMP)
AMP offers several financial assistance programs to reduce electric bills. 
Phone: 510-832-3040 

East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)
EBMUD offers a Customer Assistance Program (CAP) to help pay a portion of the water bill for qualified low-income residential customers. 
Phone: 866-403-2683

Pacific Gas & Electric (PGE)
PGE provides various financial assistance programs that offer solutions for paying past-due bills, and additional support programs for reducing future household expenses.  
Phone: 1-800-743-5000