The Rent Program regularly provides workshops with comprehensive information on rent regulations in the City of Alameda. Each session includes a presentation on landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities under Rent Ordinance no. 3250, followed by an opportunity for participants to ask questions. See below for a schedule of upcoming workshops and links to register.
Click to view a recording of the workshop presented on September 16, 2021.
- 0:00 - Welcome and Introduction
- 0:40 - Background and General Information
- 9:21 - Registration Requirements
- 14:40 - Rent Increase Regulations
- 29:03 - Termination of Tenancy Procedures
- 43:48 - Temporary Relocation Payments
- 47:28 - Buyout Agreements
- 48:40 - Additional Information (including temporary tenancies, new tenancy requirements, retaliation protections, responsibilities when buying or selling rental properties)
Workshops are offered twice monthly on Thursdays, including both in-person and online presentations. Click on the date below to register for an upcoming workshop.